Thank you for your interest
The Women’s Business Center at Cornerstone Alliance (WBC) provides one-on-one business counseling, technical assistance and trainings for women, men, minorities, veterans and low-income individuals in Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren Counties. The WBC is a grant program partially funded through the U.S. Small Business Administration and the generosity of Cornerstone Alliance investors.
Each year, the WBC hires Independent Contractors (individuals and/or organizations) from the community to provide unique programming that supports and educates entrepreneurs on such topics as marketing, business finance, taxation and law, human resources, etc. We are looking for subject matter experts to instruct/facilitate classes in business related topics.
Benefits of being a WBC session expert:
- Your name and logo listed as the expert on all event advertising - e-blasts, social media, website and newsletter
- You’ll establish brand awareness within the small business community in SW MI
- You can give out literature or promotional goodies to attendees
- You will have the opportunity to connect with potential new clients during the session and outside of the session during your complimentary consultation
- You’ll receive a list of attendees and their email addresses immediately following the session
Contractor Guidelines: Persons and/or organizations chosen to work for the WBC as an Independent Contractor must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a proven track record of subject matter expertise in their chosen field/topic.
- Must be eligible to contract with the Federal Government (not on the Federal Debarment list)
- Must be in good standing with the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), the Michigan Secretary of State, and the Better Business Bureau.
- The WBC serves Berrien, Van Buren, and Cass Counties in Michigan. Preference will be given to experts who live in those areas or who are from Michigan.
- Must be comfortable working with and speaking in a respectful manner to women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, LGBTQ, disabled, and low-income people.
- Must not use this opportunity as a sales pitch.
- Must understand that this application does not constitute a contract for employment. The WBC at Cornerstone Alliance reserves the right to refuse any sale/service for any reason
Earlier this year, the WBC surveyed clients on their top challenges. From the results, the WBC will plan programs that address the specific needs of entrepreneurs and train them toward success. However, the WBC is open to ideas for a class, so we encourage all subject matter experts to submit a proposal.
You will be notified via email once completed application is received. If your proposal is accepted and you are being considered as a subject matter expert to teach a training, you will be notified by a WBC staffer.